Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Sophia's Table to be featured in the Dayton Daily News

I have just been informed that Sophia's Table: Women's Wisdom in Five Voices, will be featured in Sharon Short's Literary Life column in the Dayton Daily News on September 8. 


This book is a collaboration among five of us who were part of a contemplative writing group. We are told that collaborating in this way is quite unusual. We each had a task to perform in addition to submitting and critiquing our writing. And we are still on speaking terms. In fact, we have a weekend planned to celebrate Karen's, the initiator of this project, birthday in Berea, KY.


We'll be having a book signing on October 1. More info to come.


Here's the link to purchase it from the publisher.






6 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading your book and plan to be at the book signing. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Vinnie. I really appreciate your support...one author to another.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Linda! This is very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know this excitement, Stephanie! You've experienced it, too. How's your writing progressing?

      Delete
    2. It's going well. Volume 2 has been moving a little more slowly than I'd hoped, but I'm trying to do a lot of things right now. So I'm giving myself permission to move at the pace I need to move. That being said, I'm about 330 pages into the first draft. Once I get the whole story out--and I don't think that's too far away. I need to go back through, add in the pieces I've left out, skipped, etc., and do the content edits. Then I'll get it to beta readers to help me move to the next level of editing/reworking.

      Keep flying, butterfly!

      Delete
    3. Keep writing, Stephanie!! Sounds like you're doing great!!

      Delete